Saturday, July 1, 2017

Trip announcement

I'm planning my trip to USA to visit beekeepers, bee labs and friends. I already have tickets (for me and my son) for the 18th of July arriving to Boston. I will stay for a day in New Hampshire and then continue my trip toward Minneapolis/St. Paul (I will rent a car), where I will visit Bee Lab on 24th of July. I do have some wishes, like checking historical library of Francis Jager at St. Paul and also check archives of Frank Benton in Lansing few days before. After this visit, I hope, I can write more about this two beekeepers with strong connections with Slovenia. So, I do have some possibilities on the way from NH to MN. I do have some connections on this way, but especially missing in the area of Buffalo, New York, on the 20th of July.
My plan is to leave Minneapolis on 25th of July and going toward Stillwater, Oklahoma, where is my friend Prof. Dr. Abramson. On the way I could make a stop, stay in OK for a day or even 2 and then continue in the direction to Georgia. I've got already welcome messages from AŽ hivers in Georgia. My first calculations are to arrive in Georgia on 30th of July. From there I will continue my trip toward NE, be in DC area on 5th of August and arrive at CapeCod at 8th of August. This is my approximate root that can be slightly adjusted with stops, eventually some dates,  but not much with additional loops of hundreds of miles.
I will appreciate possibility for "couchsurfing" for me and my son for exchange of beekeeping talk with the host. Organized  groups are welcome for talks or workshops. In such case donations for further development of AZ type of beekeeping will be appreciated. Please send any suggestions to my personal email: janko.bozic[at]bf.uni-lj.si (replace [at] with @) or by personal message on Facebook. You will find me in AŽ hivers group.

My planned path. Some deviations are possible.

Most wanted days and locations for new contacts:
1. Buffalo, NY on 19th of July
2. Potential stop around Kansas City on the way from MN to OK, app. 25th of July
3, Memphis area on the way from OK to GA, app. 28th or 29th of July.
4. NC or VA, app. 3rd of August
5. DC area, app. 5th of August
6. NY area, app. 6th of August

I'm looking forward for new beekeeping contacts and experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment